For our Health lesson today, we researched the Play 60 Challenge. We decided as a class that we are going to participate in this Challenge. The goal is to get in 60 minutes of activity each day. Mrs. Moehlmann is going to organize activities to play at both recesses so we can for sure get in our 30 minutes of activity at school. The other 30 minutes are to be completed at home. This will be part of our participation in Health.
Official Website
Here are the ideas we brainstormed for our 30 minutes:
Play soccer
Walk a dog
Jump rope
Treadmill
Jog around block
Basketball
Volleyball
Iceskate
Obstacle course
Weight lifting
Karate
Hula Hoop
Play at the park
Wii
Baseball
Jumping Jacks
Swim Indoors
Walk the field
Ride a scooter
Rollerblade
Ride a bike
Run
Play tag
Gymnastics
Stretching
Toe Touches
Trampoline
Sit Ups
If you have other things you are going to try, post them to the blog. Are there any parents who want to participate? I know I am going to try to work off some of those Turkey day pounds!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great idea! I know Alex has soccer tonight, Thursday and then more this weekend, and he also has Rockwood-Lindbergh wrestling. He also snowboards very often at Hidden Valley during the winter months. The ideas you have brainstormed will come in handy on his off days when he says "I'm bored..."
ReplyDeleteThomas loved the idea that "playing" was part of his homework. You can count me in, too.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Kleinbach
Sure - Let's do it!
ReplyDeleteJanice Lesher
I started the night by lounging on the couch and watching the president's address. Then I decided to get out and go for a 40 minute walk with Bella. To complete my 60 minutes for the day, I played Wii Fit for 20 minutes. Thanks for the motivation class! I am so glad I am going to do this challenge with you.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so fun Mrs. Moehlmann!!!!!
ReplyDelete