Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Heart

Health-Today we learned about the heart. Be sure to head to this website to learn more about the heart. Post a comment on something new you learned today!
http://kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/htbw_main_page.html

Also, you can watch this quick video of the things we learned.

11 comments:

  1. I learned that the sound you hear coming from your heart is mostly valves opening and closing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good no I know not to eat greassy foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that there are two chambers on the top and bottom of the heart. The ones on top are called atria.The ones on bottom are called ventricles. kailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned that when the blood moves though the heart and around body is called circulation.
    I think the video is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned the your heart pushes so much blood through your body that you can feel a little thump in your arteries each time the heart beats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned that turkey contains L-tryptophan, which travels to the brain where it is changed into serotonin which makes us sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned that turkey contains L-tryptophan which travels to the brain where it is changed into serotonin which makes us feel sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dominic said.....
    That the heart has two halves and 4 valves.One side has oxgenated blood and the other side has un-oxgenated blood. As the heart pumps it sends the blood through the body.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my dasd opperates on hearts kkkkaaaaaaaaav iiiiiiii kavi

    ReplyDelete
  10. mollylovestoskate.blogspot.comMarch 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM

    The Heart is an interesting body part. The heart is pumping blood at every second in every day. If your heart stops pumping for 5 min. you will die in at least 5 hours. Also the sound you hear from your heart is really the valves opening and closing. That is erything I know. Thank you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aculy you will die in ann half an hour

    ReplyDelete