Monday, March 22, 2010

Reading Assignment 3.22.10-3.26.10

It has been a while since we have posted about our reading. What have you been reading lately? Parents-feel free to post as well.

19 comments:

  1. Lately, I have been reading a TON of historical fiction. The latest book I read was called A Thousand Splendid Suns. It is set in Afghanistan during the past 30 years. It was kind of a heavy book. By that, I mean that there were a lot of difficult situations to read about. Many of the characters were treated badly. What I liked about this book is that I was able to learn more about the history of Afghanistan but in a story like setting. I am hoping you will feel the same about the historical fiction books we are going to read at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite genre is realistic fiction because I can more easily picture what is happening in the story in my mind. I really like how J.K. Rowling puts a lot of detail in to her writing so that the reader can easily picture what is going on in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura Johnson (Christina's mom)March 22, 2010 at 6:04 PM

    Currently, I am reading the second book in a series called, New Moon. It's really exciting because it's about vampires and warewolves living in secret amongst humans! These books are probably a little too mature for a fourth grade audience but maybe when you are a young adult you'd really enjoy reading this series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reading a book called Number The Stars. It so far is about a girl named Annemarie and Kristi and her friend named Ellen. On day on there way home from school and had a race like every day and they come to a corner and Annemarie ran into a solider and has to explain why she was running on the side walk. To the soilder. That is what I have read so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading a book called The Wish List. Its about a 14 year old girl named Meg who is kind of a trouble maker. When she dies she has the same amount of good points as bad points. Meaning that they dont know to send her to heaven or the opposite direction. When the devil finds out she escaped his cluches he sends a demon to get her.Thats all I read so far. Kailey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Beth Eichenlaub (Alex's mom)March 23, 2010 at 3:45 PM

    I also read A Thousand Splendid Suns and I read that because I loved The Kite Runner so much. I figured if I liked one book by an author, I might like some other books by the same author...You are right, Mrs. Moehlmann, they were both heavy, but very good. More recently though I read the Art of Racing in the Rain because the nurse at my school said it was good and she had previously recommended the book Water for Elephants for me, which I loved. Guess what? She was right, I liked the Racing in the Rain book too! Sometimes friends who are interested in the same things you are can recommend good books to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book I am reading is the Last Shot is about how a boy named steve won a writting conset for basketball and know he's at the fianl 4 he was all happy intill he found out there was another winner who was a fan of duke!The reason why i chosse this book is i love basketball and it is really fun to read! Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reading a book called little house in the big woods. It is about a family that lives in the woods. The family is getting a visitor and that visitor is wolfs. But one night the dad's grandpa came and told them a story about the candy snow.

    makenzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading a book called The Sea of Monsters. It's the second book in the Percy Jackson series. It is a good book so far because Percy had a dodge ball game with cannibals.(Percy wins). Then the Gray sister drive Percy, Tyson, and Annabeth to Camp Half-Blood. (Tyson and Annabeth are Percy's friends). That is all I have read so far.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am reading Captin underpants and the attack of the talking toilets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am reading Diary of a wimpy kid. It is about a kid tht told his mom to get a note book that does not say diary but sure anough she gets one that say diary. there is something called the cheese touch and it started by someone who touched a piece of rottemn cheese nd thats as far as i got.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry there should have a capital.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm reading Al Capone Does My Shirts. It is book about a boy named Moose who has to live in Alcatraz. He lives there because his dad work as a electrician and a guard there. Moose doesn't want to live there AT ALL. He would do almost anything to get out of Alcatraz. Can't wait until my group a signs more chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i luv the lightning thief kavi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am reading a book called Counting On Grace by Elizabeth Winthrop. It is about a girl named Grace. Her friend,Arther,and has to go to the mills, to work.Her grandpa likes to tell Grace, even if he tells it over and over.
    I really can't wait until my group signs more chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am reading a book called the Twits. It is about two peoople who don't like each other. They play prank on each other. The man puts super glue on the tree to catch birds for bird pie. It's a short book i think you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am reading a book called Room One by Andrew Clements. It's about a kid lives in a small town and sees a girl in a empty house window. His favorite books are mysteries. Also he likes to solve them. 8 out of the 10 times he's right. Now he has a real life mystery to solve. at the point I'm at he sees the girl in person and promises not to tell on her family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am reading the 4th 39 Clues book called, Beyond the Grave. It is about Dan and Amy Cahill, and their au pair Nellie. They travel to Cairo, Egypt in seach of the next clue. They see one of their Russian cousins, Irina Spasky in Egypt. Amy and Dan's only clue is a pyramid shape and a word, sakhet, which is an egyptian goddess with a lion's head. Amy and Dan meet a boy named Theo who shows them around Cairo. Theo tells Dan and Amy about a museum. Amy decides they need to go to the museum to look for more clues.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am starting the book called Jimmy Takes Vanishing Lessons. It is about a boy who thinks his aunt's house is haunted. when he visists the house he finds there is a ghost but it is more scared of Jimmy than Jimmys is afraid of the ghost.

    ReplyDelete