Welcome back from Thanksgiving break! With less than 3 weeks to go in the quarter, we are going to be working very diligently to accomplish all that we need to do. Here is a little update in all of our subjects and what we will be working on before break.
Reading:Questioning. We are also starting a new book club tomorrow.
Math: Working on double digit multiplication. We will also be reviewing area and perimeter.
Science: Chapter 11-How Matter Changes...Chemically and Physically
Writing: Persuasive piece-each student will publish a letter to persuade someone to do something.
Spelling: One last list for the end of the quarter. New words will be coming out this week.
In addition, I am happy to announce that the substitute while I am out on maternity leave will be Mrs. Jenn Pupillo (Marler). As many of you know, she taught 4th grade last year as a part of the Mizzou Fellows program here at Truman. I was able to work closely with her as her mentor teacher and feel confident that she will be an excellent teacher while I am out. She is currently teaching working at Truman as a Classroom Sized Reduction teacher for reading. Basically, I will be taking 9 weeks for my leave once the baby is born. I shared with the students that there is a possibility I may not be coming back after break if the baby is born early.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment