Friday, September 11, 2009

Reading Log-A New Idea!

Dear Students and Parents,

Thank you so much for sharing all of your summaries this week on the blog. It was actually an experiment to find out who would make an effort to read our blog. Since it was so successful, I am going to reward you by letting you make a weekly post on the blog INSTEAD of keeping a reading log. I noticed that your responses were much more thoughtful on the internet. In addition, it gives all of us a way to see what others in the class are reading. I am so proud of your work. Now, if you would rather keep a weekly log, I can give you one. It is your personal choice.

As for what you read and how much, I would like to encourage you to read materials with a plot. No more Garfield friends! This is considered to me easy reading and is not going to help you improve your reading habits. You still need to read at least 5 nights a week. I just don't want you to feel stressed about always writing a summary every night.

5 comments:

  1. My book is called Camping (The great outdoors). I have found out that there are different kinds of tents called season tents, which are 3 or 4 season tents usually. You should pack layers of clothing, that way you can add or remove depending on temperatures. This will be helpful reading for me because I will be going on a Boy Scout camping trip in mid October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs.Moelhmann,
    I just fineshed the book called Island.It is about a couple of kids who don`t get along. Luke,J.J.,Will,Lyssa,
    Charla and,Ian. They did`t want to be on the boat in the first place. None of them can get along togegther. They all want J.J. of the boat because he keeps complaing that he can get off with his privite jet.

    Love,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs.Moelhmann
    I am reading a book called Blown away.
    In the beginning the boy meets Sharkey.
    In the middle shakey ask him to go to the key west him. In the end sharkey buys a mule.

    From,
    Thoomas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs. Moehlmann

    I am reading the second Boxcar Children book. It is about the kids on summer vacation. The kids ride a boat to an island. The island is where they will be for the summer. The kids make beds and a table out of straw and a blanket. The kids have a little box that they keep notes in. I am still reading so I do not know what the ending will be yet.

    Dominic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mrs Moehmann i am reading a book called Fourth Grade Rats in the book joey learns how to become a man i am on chapter 8 and so far it is really good.

    ReplyDelete